3 Fast & Easy Steps
Remember: PLI STIX IS NOT TEMPERATURE DEPENDENT…SO YOU CAN APPLY AT ANY TEMPERATURE!
Latex·ite PLI-STIX® 30 ft. MEDIUM Permanent Asphalt / Concrete Crack Filler is the only PERMANENT solution to cracks on the marketplace. It is the same product seen on highways and roads but the only difference is YOU CAN APPLY IT and don't need a 200 gallon melter to do it! The Medium Pli-Stix® is designed for cracks 1/2" to 1" in diameter.
PLI-STIX® is permanent because it is applied with heat (a simple hand held torch) and it bonds to the sidewalls of the crack. Cracks open up because they expand and contract with freeze/thaw cycles - but PLI-STIX® will expand and contract right along with mother nature!
(Note: PLI-STIX® and CRACK-STIX® are the same product. Pli-Stix comes in 30ft rolls, while Crack-Stix comes in longer rolls: 75 ft or 125 ft.)
- Only permanent crack filler on the marketplace.
- For Cracks 1/2" – 1" in diameter.
- Hot applied, black "rope-like" filler bonds to sidewalls.
- 30 ft. of MEDIUM PLI-STIX®
- No VOC's
- Prevent slip, trip and fall accidents
- Packaging is Type #1 PET plastic and IS recyclable
- Ready to use immediately, melt-away wrapper!
- Save time and hook up torch to propane tank with a Propane Hose Assembly Kit
"We have NEVER had one customer complaint since the product was launched in 1999." John Dalton, President
- PLI-STIX® is a simple and clean process. Before applying the product, it is important to thoroughly clean out the crack and remove any loose debris. Rinsing the crack and allowing it to dry will give you the best results.
Now you are ready to install the PLI-STIX®. Simply place the PLI-STIX® into the crack
(do not remove the plastic wrap from the PLI-STIX®). The PLI-STIX® must be inside the crack so we recommend
pushing the PLI-STIX® into the crack using a screwdriver. (*Note: If the crack is not as wide as the ½"
PLI-STIX®, we recommend stretching the PLI-STIX® out...you can leave it in the sun for a while to make it easier to stretch.
You can also splice it with a razor blade. You can also use a rubber mallet to help form the strip for the pavement cracks & also helped in the "wedging in" effort). If you have VERY narrow crack you may have to heat a knife with your torch so that
it splices the Stix like a butter knife!
Once it's in simply light your torch (we recommend a Bernzomatic hand-held torch) and apply direct flame to the PLI-STIX® until it liquifies - this should take about 20 - 30 seconds. Allow the PLI-STIX® to set up for 20 minutes. PLI-STIX® can be sealed over once properly set up. For best results use CSX Cane TorchTM 900 as this will save you from bending over (it has a crimped end for a nice tight flame). A torch is recommended versus a heat gun.
Do not apply in wet cracks or where frost, snow or ice is present. Do not apply if the ground temperature is below 40 degrees.
- Do I need to seal over Crack Stix or Pli Stix? It is not necessary to go over the product with a sealer product unless it is greater than in 1/8th below the surface. If the Pli-Stix or Crack-Stix is level with the asphalt surface, for best results I would recommend lightly re-heating the Crack-Stix or Pli-Stix and broadcasting sand over the surface of the repair. This will give the Crack-Stix / Pli-Stix a rough texture allowing the sealer to grab onto the product better and last longer
Prevent water damage to your garage
and driveway by filling the gap with PLI-STIX®!